11 Feb 365 Days of Mission: Day 6 ~ A Radical Experience Conference
A Radical Experience
Attended the Radical Experience conference via the web cast today, it was hosted by Saddleback Church and Rick Warren. It was for pastors and church planters. Rick Warren, Mark Driscoll, Perry Nobel, Ed Stetzer and Andy Stanley where some of the speakers.
Heard some good things, Ed Stetzer did a good job of motivating church multiplication, church planting, gave 5 reason every church should be planting churches every year and they should be planting churches.
Rick Warren was on living on mission, he gave the top 5 problems of the world, and a list of the 5 things Jesus did, what His mission consisted of and how those 5 things are our mission. And then he showed how Jesus’ 5 acts of mission where the answer, solution to the 5 top problems of the world.
* Global Problem #1: Spiritual emptiness
* Spiritual emptiness causes conflict
* Global Problem #2: Corrupt leadership
* This means leaders don’t understand what being a leader means, you are either selfish or humble
* The purpose of influence is to speak up for those who have no influence
* Global Problem#3: Poverty
* Global Problem#4: Pandemic diseases
* We need leaders who say, “enough is enough” when it comes to diseases
* Global Problem #5: Illiteracy and lack of education
The 5 things Jesus did, His mission consited of
* Plant churches/promote reconicliation
* Equip servant leaders
* Assist the poor
* Care for the sick
* Educate the next generation
How does that deal with the 5 World Problems
* The only group that can answer these 5 Problem is the church
* Jesus preached reconciliation and he planted a church
* What kingdom leadership looks like (Matthew 20:25 – 26)
* Jesus assisted the poor
* Jesus cared for the sick
* Jesus educated the next generation
* Study Luke 10, Mark 9 and Matthew 10 is the P.E.A.C.E. Plan
The PEACE plan is ordinary people empowered by God, doing what Jesus did, together, wherever they are
This conference was about living out the mission of God today, as a pastor, a church planter, being a Christian on mission. The things I want to implement into my life daily.