17 Aug accountability Questions for Christians to Ask
Ed Stetzer did a post on he blog on Christian accountability group questions to ask, it is a very good list of sets of question posed by people like John Wesley, Chuck Swindoll, Neil Cole. Worth the read to see their list.
I have long be a opponent of Christians asking the same worldly get to know you questions when they meet strangers and even people they know, like at church. Here are some alternative questions to ask of others when you meet with them.
- What are your spiritual gifts?
- What is you primary calling from the Lord? (your ministry)
- In what way are you exercising your spiritual gifts daily?
- How did you fulfill Matthew 25:31-46 today by doing these things to Jesus, others, feeding the hungry, giving drink to the thirsty, taking in a stranger, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and imprisoned?
(Jesus said those who do not do these shall go away into everlasting punishment, So I would say they are important things to be doing.)
- How did you seek justice, rescue the oppressed this week? Isa 1:17
- How did you defend the orphan, plead for the children? Isa 58:7
- Where you a father to the fatherless? How?
- In what ways did you share Christ and the Gospel with others today?
- Did you seek to love others? Love the body of Christ?
- How did you exercise your gifts for the good of the body when it gathered this week?
- Where you in community with the body this week (not just attend church)?
- What did you learn in the Word today?
- Did you teach someone else what you learned in the word today/this week?
- Are are you discipling others? Pouring you life into others?
- Did you seek to walk in the Spirit today?
- Did you seek and pursue the will of God for your life today? His plan for you?
- How did you walk with Christ today, in all your ways?
- How did you encourage others in Christ today?
- Did you get a word from the Lord, for yourself, for the body, someone this week?
- How are you investing the Lords talents He has giving you? What are they and how?
- Are you staying untangled from the affairs of this world?
- Are you laying aside every weight and the sin which can easily distract you from the race? Heb 12:1 Tell me how?
- Are you running the race that is set before you for the Kingdom of God? Heb 12:1 Tell me how?
- Are you seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness over all else? In what way?
- Did you seek to bring healing to someone today?
- For whom and what do you have a prayer burden?
- Did you seek to display the fruit of the Spirit today?
- Did you live as to seek the things that are above, where Christ is seated in all you did today? How?
- Did you seek to take every thought captive in Christ today?
- Did you Set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth? In what way?
- Did you seek to put to death everything that is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry? How?
- Where your prayers ‘Me’ centered or ‘others’ centered?
- Did you seek to fulfill Colossians 3:1-17 today?
- (Ones in red I’m most passionate about)
There are more, this is just my basic list that came to mind while typing this. If we asked these of each other, keep each other accountable. Our lives would be keep on track, we would live for Christ, and seek of be imitators of Him. Stop with the worldly centered idol talk, the meaningless chatter that is not Kingdome centered, lets start let us be a cloud of witnesses, surround ourselves with a cloud of witnesses’ to cheer us on to the finish line for Christ, To live for Him and Him alone.
So I am committing to asking these questions of others from now on.
Read Ed’s listing of questions here.