05 May Acts 29 Western Europe Boot Camp
Acts 29 Western Europe Boot Camp called “For All Seasons” is taking place in Birmingham, England was today, and once again I got to precipitate via the web. Gather in the nuggets of wisdom from some top pastors – church planters. Mark Driscoll and Steve Timmis two men I highly respect.
So God continues His stream of messages on the same themes coming my way, with the third conference on church planting in a week. Still do not know what God is up to. Besides intensifying the passions in me, fanning the fire and zeal in me for preaching the gospel, church planting, feeding the hungry and going, going somewhere, anywhere over seas.
Here are the key points from today.
- Jesus is coming back and it’s gonna be awesome! That’s basically our eschatology!” M Driscoll
- “Without the Holy Spirit you ain’t gonna do jack, or if you do it’s gonna be evil!” Driscoll
- “Church planting/evangelism/mission is not something we do for God. It’s something He does through us.” Driscoll
- “You cannot be a church planter and a cessationist!” Driscoll
- “Practice repentance, don’t just preach it.” M Driscoll
- “Planting is about disciples not decisions. Not just people who vote for Jesus 1 day, but people who vote for Jesus every day!”
- A church planter must be a lover – a lover of God and lover of others. S Timmis
- When was the last time you felt love for Jesus? S Timmis
- Planting a church should result in a deeper love for God in the heart on the planter. S Timmis
- The more we love God the less we love the world
- as they seek to equip, exhort and encourage around 400 church planters!
- The church is to continue the Spirit-filled mission of Jesus. That’s unbelievable! We get to carry on the work of Jesus! @Pastormark
- Churches that talk about Jesus grow. Churches that don’t don’t!
- keep doing your thing. Jesus had opposition, so will we. Love your ministry.
- Let me ask a serious question. In our daily lives do we exalt our particular church or God and His church?
- You can outgrow a set-culture, you can’t outgrow the Gospel
- When someone walks into a church do the encounter that churches culture? Or do they encounter the Gospel?
- The church is Gods resource for proclaiming the Gospel to a lost world. All the strategies in the world can’t save a sinner.You may build a big club through culture setting, and business principles but often it hangs on one man… The church is different..
- A lot of what we hear in leadership circles these days is strategies and business principles. God has one strategy, the Gospel.
- “If you only have enough of the gospel to enjoy it and not enough to share it – you may have none of the gospel at all!” Driscoll