31 Mar Equally Yoked: Marrying the Right Person
Everyone one likes to quote the verse that says be equally yoked to apply it as to mean only to marry a believer. I believe that it’s covers more than that, I think it goes to the very heart who you are and your life as a follower of Christ. To be equally yoked means you are equal! Not just in your belief in Jesus, but that you are equal in all ways, that you live on the same level of spiritually, on the level of relationship with God. At the same level of service to God.
This is what that means to me, what I have learned from my own life and dating relationships.
1. She loves the word of God: She studies the word daily, I mean studies in depth, not just read a verse or two. I am a lover of Gods word, it is a central pillar in my life, I have studied it diligently from cover to cover and know and seek to live by it. So I want a girl who equally loves, studies daily and lives by the word of God. My first clue is simply let me see her bible, it should look like mine, well used, lots of notes, highlights and very worn from all the use. If its clean, pages look new, unless she just bought it, I not interested in her. We are not equal.
2. She is woman of prayer: She must be a prayer warrior, someone who prayer is central to her life, and day. She is always laying hands on others and praying for them, she takes everything to God first in prayer, seeks God face in everything, start and end her day in prayer, she prays without ceasing. Because she seek to both know God intimately and His will for her in all things, and she prays for the nations, the lost with a great passion and burden for them. She measures prayer time in hours not minutes, a day.
3. She must be A woman of worship: And I mean a daily passionate worshiper/lover of God. She worships in song, dancing, jumping for joy, with shouts of joy, raised hands, and on her face. She can be found many days a week at places of worship like the IHOP prayer room in worship and prayer for hours a week. Like the song says “Better is one day in Your courts, Than thousands elsewhere” she know of no better place to be than before the face of God, loving on Him. She like Moses cry’s out daily “I pray You, show me Your glory!” and she will not stop worshiping tell she see His glory, His face and loves on Him. 20 min at church on Sunday sitting in a pew don’t count to her, she must worship God with great passion, daily.
4. She lives on mission: She see herself as a missionary on mission for Jesus, she is busy living for the spreading the gospel, making disciples, baptizing in all the world. She ready to leave in moments notice to go where ever the Lord would send us. She lives to fulfill Mat 28:19, Mark 16:15 and in Act’s 1:8, to live on mission. Her life is about bringing the Kingdom of God to earth. (read do I live on mission here) She leaves her house everyday on mission.
5. She lives to fulfill Matt 25, Isa 1:17, Isaiah & 58:7: She has a heart for the poor and needy, the orphan and widow. To bring justice to the oppressed and to free the prisons. To heal the sick, feed the hungry and cloth the naked. She cares about social justice for the oppressed. She finds ways daily to fulfill those scriptures.
6. She knows and operates in her spiritual gifts: What ever they are, she is using them for the good of the body of Christ, she lives operating in her gifts daily. Uses them to fulfill her calling in Christ. She using them for the spreading of the gospel to the world. I am speaking of the gifts listed in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, Ephesians 4:7-13 and Romans 12:3-8.
In summery she must be a true lover of God, a true, passionate worshiper who worships in Spirit, who prays with out ceasing and loves the word of God. Because she is madly in love with Jesus, and God the Father.
I do not believe there is a more beautiful woman than one who is worshiping/loving on God, praying to God, and serving God than like the woman in the photos in this post.
And yes there are such women, I know because I have dated women like this and every week I am surrounded by hundreds of them at the IHOP prayer room. To marry a women who was not like this would be to marry the wrong person, to be unequally yoked for me.
*IHOP is International House of Prayer