21 Jul Potato Soup
Just made some awesome Potato Soup, have not had any since we sold out the restaurants. Here the recipe.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1-3/4 cups peeled and diced Golden Yukon potatoes
- 1 large single stock of celery diced
- 1 med carrot diced
- 2 stocks of finely chopped green onion (only a little of the greens, chives)
- 1/4 cup diced cooked bacon or ham
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, bacon or ham with vegetable broth in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, over and let simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan make Rue, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk do not let curdle, that is to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue slowly stirring, carful not smash potatoes over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Server with chopped parsley sprinkled on top